Why choose our boards?
Our products are:
- Hygienically friendly, anti – bacterial
- A sustainable resource
- Very simple and easy to maintain
- Durable and kind to your knives
- Chemical Free
- Life span – life long
Why choose a wooden cutting board?
Wood is the best! Numerous studies have shown why wood is preferred and we are glad to share this knowledge with you.
Yes, why wood? Wooden cutting boards have been tested over the years for durability and safety. Tests’ done by scientists around the world have found that 3 minutes after contaminating a board that 99.9% of the bacteria on wooden boards have died, while none of the bacteria on plastic have died. That’s scary! Basically, wood kills bacteria! Old or new, wood cutting boards add an extra line of defense to your kitchen. Change to wood now! It’s not harsh on your knives and you can definitely sleep well at night knowing that your board has not been contaminated. Wood is the way of a hygienically friendly kitchen cutting board!
- Wood cutting boards protect your knives and don’t dull them like ceramic or glass cutting boards as we use end grain so the shock is absorbed into the board without damage.
- Wood is completely biodegradable and renewable.
- Boards all made locally
How to Care for Your Wood Cutting Board
- Wash boards after each use in warm, soapy water. Do not leave boards to soak! Do not wash wooden cutting boards in the dishwasher. They will absorb water, and this will damage your board. Dry thoroughly before storing.
- To remove odors,rub down with half a lemon or spritz with some vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. This will also help sanitize the board.
- Wood cutting boards should be regularly seasoned with a good quality cutting board oil. We recommend sunflower oil, so start with a clean, dry cutting board. Coat entire surface with a layer of oil and rub it in. Leave to dry for 12 to 24 hours. Buff to remove any oil that may not have been absorbed. Repeat as needed any time your board starts looking dull.